This shortened version of the Heart of the City tour of Buenos Aires with a good, yet brief overview of the Southern Port Neighborhoods. In just 3 hours, we stop around 7 times to learn about the areas, walk around, capture photos, and sample traditional Argentine yerba mate. Buenos Aires is too big to see on foot and too beautiful to waste behind a bus window. Come grab a bike and tour Buenos Aires with us! This tour runs by request only starting in San Telmo.
Buenos Aires Origins Bike Tour Information
Buenos Aires Origins Tour Highlights
Experience Colorful La Boca
See where the European immigration wave landed in Caminito and the home of the famous Boca Juniors futbol club.
Witness The Contrasting Bubble of Puerto Madero
A port project gone wrong, learn how this expensive mistake became the ironically most expensive neighborhood to live in.
Plaza de Mayo / Casa Rosada
Stand in the cities Independence Square (Plaza de Mayo) and observe what makes Argentina’s heart beat.
Starting Location: Our home and headquarters Peru 988, San Telmo, Buenos Aires
Learn More About the Buenos Aires Origins Tour
• Bilingual guide(s)
• Bicycle – beach cruisers with comfy seats
• Bell, basket and helmet
• Yerba mate – traditional customary tea
• Rain poncho just in case!
Reserved upon request and starting in historic San Telmo (Peru 988), we begin our bike tour with a thorough orientation, introducing you to the city, your bicycle and each other. Pointing our front tire south, we pedal through the backstreets of one of the oldest barrios in Buenos Aires making our way towards Parque Lezama, the border of La Boca and San Telmo. Looping around La Boca we witness elaborate urban art, the famous Bombonera stadium and the birthplace of Tango in colorful Caminito. You then have time to explore on foot this vibrant port that once greeted millions of immigrants in the turn of the 20th century.
Back on our bikes, we navigate our way to a completely different world in the neighboring bubble of Puerto Madero. The contrast is very noticeable as you ride through the quiet, yet very modern streets.
Standing in the “Heart of the City” in Plaza de Mayo, you will learn about why most Argentine historical events occurred in this very spot. We familiarize ourselves with the Casa Rosada, Cabildo, the famous Catedral and then you’re free to discover more of the Plaza and it’s intriguing surroundings.
Our tour ends back at our meeting point in San Telmo (Peru 988) where we recapture the day and suggest some BA must do’s. Lasting approximately 3 hours, we follow many bike trails and stop around 6 times to drink and learn about Yerba Mate, take photos and enjoy a fun, creative and informative tour led by expert bilingual guides.
- Although we ride at an easy and comfortable pace, we ask that you at least know how to ride a bike. Should you feel uncomfortable riding a bike, we may require you to ride a bit more before assuring that you’re comfortable with the bike before the tour begins.
- Rain- In the case of rain, it shall be assumed that the tour will be going as scheduled unless otherwise notified by Biking BA to the client. Biking BA will cancel the tour in cases of extreme weather that compromise the safety of the guests which include lightning, thunder and/or flooding. Biking BA provides rain ponchos and other measures to mitigate the weather, therefore, if the tour goes out within a two hour window of the scheduled start time and the client decides to cancel their booking they will be refunded 50% of their payment or given 100% credit to a future tour of equal or less value.
- Must be 12 years of age or older to ride.
- This tour can only be booked upon request. Bookings depend on our availability of our guides in which you will only be charged if we accept your booking request.
Reserve and Book Your Private BA Origins Tour Today
Please fill out the below Private BA Origins Tour form and reserve your private group tour today.
Explore Our Regularly Scheduled Sightseeing Group Tours
Maximum 10 PAX